MORE KITCHEN REMODELING TIPS :
KITCHEN ISLAND RULES:
• Use the island as a focal point and get creative! Personalize this space to your own unique style.
• Analyze and incorporate the family’s working, entertainment and traffic patterns.
• Plan enough space for your island so that traffic can move freely around it.
• Try not to cram too many appliances or fixtures into an island. Give it focus.
• Don’t make a token island just for the sake of having it. If its too small, it’s worthless.
• It is a good idea not to put glass doors on an island base. It can be dangerous.
GRANITE COUNTER MAINTENANCE:
For stone countertops, daily maintenance consists of simply wiping with a damp cloth or sponge. It's recommended that the countertop be cleaned using a stone soap once per week. Stone soap is a 100% natural, PH -balanced, neutral conditioner & maintenance cleaner/protector that comes as a concentrate you just add water to.
After the countertop has been wiped clean, spray the diluted solution onto the granite and spread evenly with a damp cloth or sponge. Allow it to dry before putting back the items normally stored on the countertop.
If your countertop has a polished finish, you can keep the gleam by applying a stone polish. It's easy to use, you simply apply, allow to dry, and then buff to a shine once a month or so.
All kitchen spills should be wiped up immediately and not be allowed to sit. Citrus juices & vinegars contain acid which, if left unattended, could etch your countertops. Oils can also leave a stain on your counters. Bottles of oil or items containing oil, grease, etc. should be placed on a protective surface while cooking. If oil does spill or splatter, wipe it up immediately and clean with stone soap. We do not recommend using dish soap or any ammonia-based products such as Windex on your counters as these products will destroy the sealer that was applied during installation.
The above mentioned products are sold individually or in a kit and are available here at Sea Pointe. With a little care, you can enjoy your stone countertops for years to come!